I love them even more now since they put $30 in my pocket and made me a beta-tester for their video service, Vdio.
Here is what I found out while testing Vdio…
- Setting: regular internet connection at home; Mozilla was my browser >> no problems with loading and viewing videos.
- Full screen streaming worked as expected: smooth and fast
- Purchased and rented without a headache, very conveniently and fast. Got the receipts immediately in my Inbox.
- GUI is “Rdio like” – a friendly, easy to navigate/sort interface.
- For Rdio users, it’s like a family of apps (single login, use the Rdio credentials).
- The sharing features that users of Rdio love so much is also available on Vdio
- Loving the “Sets” functionality, where you lineup your TV experience for the evening
- Functionality: the “Watch later” function is there from the launch of the site (unlike Netflix in Canada, which just launched it in August 2013)
- Pricing: one can buy or rent movies (2013 GI Joe: Retaliation is $6 to rent and $25 to buy); buy TV shows (LOUIE is $3.50 to buy per episode or $23 for all Season 1)
- As for selection, being in beta-testing, I can’t say much.
- Payment is conveniently added to your Rdio account, if you have one.
Thanks Vdio for the opportunity.